To help mitigate the COVID-19 virus, the Division of Forestry has made the following changes. If you have a question that hasn’t been covered here, please call your regional office for assistance.
- Essential employees for the Division of Forestry remain reporting to their regions and are abiding by current CDC recommendations. All regional offices remain operational but are closed to the public except by appointment only. Masks are required. Please contact your local office for more information.
- Foresters will continue to respond to wildfires as well as logging and timber theft complaints. If you need to report a crime, you can do so at https://wvforestry.com/report-a-violation/ .
- Clements Nursery is still accepting orders online and by mail. If you have ordered a container tree(s) or have any questions about shipping, please contact the nursery at 304-675-1820.
Classes and Certifications
- Questions regarding Timber License Certifications? Call Robin Black at 304-558-2788 or contact your regional office.
- BMP Classes have resumed. CDC requirements and social distancing are being maintained. Masks are required. More information in the EVENTS section of the website. Contact your regional office for more information. NO WALK INS ALLOWED.
- Chainsaw classes have resumed. To register call Robin Black at 304-558-2788.
- Fire Department trainings through the WVDOF have resumed and will follow all COVID and CDC Guidelines. For more information please contact your local forester at wvforestry.com/contact-us/ .
- The Envirothon has been cancelled for 2020.
- Women Owning Woodlands has been rescheduled for April 2021. Updated registration information can be found on this page when it becomes available.
- Summer camps have been cancelled or postponed until 2021. Updates will be posted here.