To combat the spread of the COVID-19, WV Governor Jim Justice issued a Stay at Home order on Monday, March 23, directing all WV residents to stay at home and limit movements outside of their homes beyond essential needs. A copy of the proclamation can be found here (proclamation)
To help mitigate this virus, the Division of Forestry has made the following changes. If you have a question that hasn’t been covered here, please call your regional office for assistance.
- Essential employees for the Division of Forestry remain reporting to their regions and are abiding by current CDC recommendations. All regional offices are closed to the public but remain operational.
- Foresters will continue to respond to wildfires as well as logging and timber theft complaints. If you need to report a crime, you can do so at https://wvforestry.com/report-a-violation/ .
- Clements Nursery is still accepting orders online and by mail. If you have ordered a container tree(s) or have any questions about shipping, please contact the nursery at 304-675-1820.
Classes and Certifications
- Questions regarding Timber License Certifications? Call 304-558-2788.
- BMP Classes have been postponed. Contact your regional office for more information.
- Chainsaw classes have been postponed. Are you new to logging and have questions? Call 304-558-2788.
- FD training through the Division of Forestry has been cancelled until further notice.
- The Envirothon has been postponed until further notice.
- Women Owning Woodlands has been postponed until a later date.
- Summer camps have not been cancelled or postponed at this time. Updates will be posted on this page and here .